MAPS Math Program
Math Tutor Program
GO TO ORDER FORM
We now accept
to place your secure
credit card order.
G&G Publishers, Inc.
2 Americana Blvd.
Hopewell Jct., NY
INTRODUCING THE 'NEWEST' ADDITION TO OUR MAPS BASIC
SKILLS MATH PROGRAM
MAP FOR NUMERATION SYSTEMS
The MAP for Numeration Systems was developed as a result of
suggestions and comments from users around the country to supplement our MAPS Basic
Skills Series and Math Tutor Program. Teachers asked for teaching strategies
and additional materials for teaching basic skills so students will understand why they
are doing, what they are doing instead of trying to memorize procedures. In order to
accommodate their needs we developed the MAP for Numeration Systems Blackline Masters.
The lessons, vocabulary, word problems, enrichment activities,
projects, are the perfect extension to the MAPS Programs. The tasks, like the entire MAPS
Program, are completely individualized - students work at their own rate following
step-by-step instructions and compete only with themselves. The program can also be used
for cooperative learning activities, small group instruction and large group instruction.
It is very flexible.
- Pages 1 - 5 Introduces our numeration system, giving students an
understanding of how our system works and points out the differences between positional
and non-positional systems of numeration.
- Pages 6 - 7 Review test to assure mastery of the material covered to
- Pages 8 - 14 Helps students see multiplication tables in a new light.
No more memorizing tables. Using a multiplication chart, four rules or properties and a
few finger activities students find they can master all of the tables in no time at all -
and the process not only promotes understanding but is it FUN!!
- Pages 15 - 22 Introduces exponents to help students really understand
'How' and 'Why' our Place Value System works. There are step-by-step instructions and
examples that walk the student through the learning process as well as practice sheets and
a review test to assure mastery.
- Pages 23 - 29 Introduces the student to bases other then 10. Once
they have mastered the Base 10 Place Value Chart and understand how exponents fit into the
chart to make it work they are ready to work with other bases. By working with other bases
students get a much clearer understanding of our Base 10 system and the real meaning of
- Pages 30 -31 Introduces the four types of averages - range, mean,
median, and mode.
- Pages 32 - 33 What's My Rule? Helps students think mathematically by
developing generalizations and rules when working with numbers.
- Pages 34 - 36- Can You Do This? Helps students think mathematically
using a variety of operational symbols and only 4 - 4's to write the numerals 0 - 50; and
next only the numerals 1, 2, 3, 4 to write the numerals 0 - 50.
- Pages 38 - 39 Pre-test on all material covered so far.
- Pages 40 - 41 Unit Test to test mastery of all material covered so
- Pages 42 - 43 Enrichment activities to expand mathematical thinking.
- Pages 44 - 46 Word Problem practice dealing with Proportion Problems.
- Pages 47 - 50 Word Problem practice dealing with the three types of
- Pages 51 - 53 Word Problem practice dealing with mathematical
- Pages 54 - 57 Mathematical Thinking Exercises - students develop
generalizations and rules for finding the sum of the first 'n' number of odd, even and
- Page 58 - Mathematics Vocabulary - When studying any subject, the
understanding of the vocabulary specific to that subject is very important. Students
should not memorize definitions. They need to really understand the meaning of words, be
able to use them correctly and to give specific examples of their use. The terms listed
here (along with other terms you encounter) should be introduced at the appropriate time.
Students should keep these terms in a notebook along with an understandable definition and
a good example of how it is used.
Since different sections of this program can be used at different
times and with different math areas we offer this material in the form of 'blackline
masters'. In this way teachers can give students the appropriate pages at the appropriate
We believe the MAP FOR NUMERATION SYSTEMS
is the perfect supplement to the MAP Series.
Order your Numeration Systems Blackline Masters today!!